Epilepsy teaching day
The teaching day is being held on 19 November at the Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London and is aimed mainly at junior doctors, acute and emergency medicine doctors, general practitioners and trainee general practitioners.
The programme begins at 9.30am and will include:
- a background to epilepsy
- how to identify epilepsy and investigations used in diagnosis
- managing a first seizure and people with chronic epilepsy
- anti-epileptic medication and side effects
- emergency situations such as status epilepticus
- epilepsy and pregnancy, and non-epileptic attack disorders.
The course is run by the International League Against Epilepsy in response to feedback from junior doctors who say they lack the appropriate knowledge and understanding to enable them to confidently treat people with epilepsy.
Registration is £65 including lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance.