annual draw 2017 rules
Terms and conditions
1) Your purchase of tickets is from Epilepsy Society (registered name The National Society for Epilepsy) (“The Promoter”), solely in accordance with the terms under which the Charity from time to time promotes its lotteries.
2) All proceeds from the Lottery go to Epilepsy Society (registered name The National Society for Epilepsy; Registered office address: Epilepsy Society, Chesham Lane, Chalfont St Peter, SL9 0RJ. Registered Charity No.: 206186).
3) You represent and agree that; a) You are 16 years of age or over. b) You are a resident of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.) c) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this annual draw on behalf of anybody under the age of 16. d) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address and telephone number and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
4) You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraphs 3 (a), (b) and (c) above.
5) Payment for participation in the Annual Draw can be made by cheque payable to Epilepsy Society, credit/debit card, cash, postal order or Charity Aid Foundation (CAF) voucher.
6) Give As You Earn accounts cannot be used as payment for tickets.
7) The cost of each entry is £1 per ticket. You may purchase more than one ticket and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted.
8) All entries must be received by Epilepsy Society before the winning tickets are drawn on Monday 12 December 2016. Late entries will be treated as a donation to Epilepsy Society.
9) The draw will take place on Monday 12 December 2016. Winning entries will be randomly drawn in the presence of two witnesses. Prizes are as follows:
1st prize: £1,000 cash
2nd prize: £500 cash
3rd prize: £250 cash
4th prize: Fortnum and Mason hamper
5th prize: Harrods bear
10) The prizes for the Epilepsy Society Annual Draw are printed on the leaflets provided and are advertised on the website www.epilepsysociety.org.uk. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Cash prizes will be paid by cheque and all prizes will be posted to the winners within 14 days. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
11) The winners will be notified individually by telephone or by post. A list of the winning ticket numbers will be posted on our website.
12) Epilepsy Society has the right to change or update the rules to reflect changes in legislation or at their discretion.
13) Unclaimed prizes will be donated back to Epilepsy Society after one year.
14) No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication or any delays in bank or credit card payments.
15) The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
16) Epilepsy Society is registered and licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Promoter: Bridget Gardiner, Epilepsy Society, Chesham Lane, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 ORJ.
17) Epilepsy Society operates a Complaints And Disputes Procedure which is available via the Epilepsy Society website www.epilepsysociety.org.uk and which will also be made available to customers upon request. In the unlikely event of a complaint, please contact Bridget Gardiner, Director of fundraising and marketing, at the address above. In the unlikely event that a dispute cannot be resolved within our internal complaints procedure, it will be referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
18) Epilepsy Society is committed to ensure that information is available about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling. Please refer to our Responsible Gambling Guide which is available via the Epilepsy Society website epilepsysociety.org.uk, or request further information via 01494 601300. Epilepsy Society operates a self-exclusion process. If you wish to be self-excluded from our Annual Draw, please contact us on: 01494 601 410. If you feel you have a problem with gambling, please visit: www.gamcare.org.uk or contact the Gamcare Telephone Helpline on: 0808 8020 133