what to expect when you apply for a bank (casual) position at Epilepsy Society:
- Bank workers provide cover for permanent staff vacancies, holidays and sickness
- There is no mutual obligation on either side to offer or accept shifts in any given period – it is a flexible arrangement for you and for us
- Details of the bank role, hourly rate of pay and how to apply will be provided with the advert along with any special requirements for the role
- If a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is necessary for the job role, it will be clearly stated in the advert
- The HR department will provide a copy of the Society’s DBS Policy and Procedure if requested, or more information can be found on the DBS website
- Your application should clearly explain how you meet the person specification for the job
- After the closing date your application will be reviewed/shortlisted and you will be contacted by the HR department if you are selected for interview
- You may have a preliminary telephone screening interview, prior to a formal interview, or when you attend for interview be required to undertake a written exercise: your interview invite will detail full requirements of the selection process
- You will be given the opportunity to advise the HR department if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at interview
- If you are successful at interview you will be required to satisfactorily complete various pre-registration checks before being successfully confirmed in post, i.e. documentation to evidence your eligibility to work in the UK, two references (one from your most recent employer); occupational health clearance, DBS clearance if required
- Please note that Epilepsy Society is not a sponsor organisation under the UK Border Agency’s points based Tier system
- Once all pre-registration checks are complete we will agree your start date and you will attend the Society’s Corporate Induction training
- As a bank worker you will accrue and be paid for holidays up to a maximum of 28 days (210 hours) each year
If you require any other assistance with completing your application please contact the HR department on 01494 601447.
We offer rewarding and inspiring careers where you can make a difference to the lives of people with epilepsy. The majority of our work is at our Chalfont Centre in Buckinghamshire based in the Chilterns.