commitment to volunteers
We promise to provide a clear framework for our volunteers, so that they understand what support they can expect from us.
How we support volunteers
- Our recruitment process aims to ensure that volunteers are matched to roles that fit their skills and experience.
- All volunteers receive appropriate induction training, plus guidance and support from an experienced mentor.
- We provide insurance cover for people while they are working in a voluntary role.
- We pay out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a result of the voluntary role.
- We inform volunteers about changes and developments within the organisation and involve them where appropriate.
- Volunteers have the option of free online Epilepsy Society membership, including our member magazine.
- Our policies cover issues including confidentiality, complaints, equality and diversity, and no smoking.
Join our team
Inspired? Find out the volunteering roles at our Chalfont Centre and how you can help make a difference to the lives of our residents.