corporate volunteers-group volunteering
Volunteer days at the Chalfont Centre give corporate volunteers and community groups the opportunity to support us as a team, working on projects that boost employee morale while promoting team building and leadership skills.
During 2014, several companies gave us their time, supporting 12 projects, which included:
- Groups of employees working together to maintain the memory garden for residents and visitors.
- Redecorating the Communication room in the Therapy and Beech lounge.
- Undertaking extensive garden projects in Russell House, Micholls House, Green House, Milton House, Therapy and Horticulture department.
- Offering support that enabled Epilepsy Society to host its annual Phoenix Games (disability sports event).
This year has got off to a great start with volunteers supporting social activities such as Red Nose Day, St Patrick's Day and St George's Day, offering support with setting up and clearing away at the end of the events. For example, volunteers helped with setting up Paddy O' Murphy's Irish Bar, and provided entertainment in the form of singing, Irish dancing etc.
There are always more opportunities for corporate volunteers to support us including:
- Garden Maintenance Project - Croft Cottage (PDF, 538KB)
- Memory garden maintenance (PDF, 658KB)
- Phoenix Games 2015 (September 19, 2015)
- Decorating (PDF, 493KB)
- Social events - Mad Hatter's tea party, Midsummer Fun street party, Halloween and Christmas party.
If you would like to find out more about how your company or group can help to enhance facilities for residents at the Chalfont Centre, call Timothy Wright, volunteer and project co-ordinator on 01494 601 377 for an informal chat, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.