Free epilepsy smartphone app
Epilepsy Society's free app includes a seizure diary and first aid information to help you to manage your epilepsy via your phone.
Key features include:
- My seizure diary allows you to record the details of your seizures, including what they are like, what happens and how often you have them.
- Export function means you can package and send your seizure diary by email to your healthcare professionals.
- My Medication allows you to record details of the medication you take, including photographs, to help ensure you get the same medication all the time.
- My reminders allows you to set up a reminder alarm for when to take your medication.
- First aid instructions tell you how you can help someone when they have a seizure, and when to dial 999.
- Step-by-step recovery guide shows you how to put someone into the recovery position.
- About me gives you space to record you and your healthcare professionals’ details, information about your diagnosis and tests, a reminder function for questions you might want to ask (with an audio record function).
Download the app from your app store, search for 'epilepsy society'.
Julia McMullen, mum to three year-old Carys said ‘I’d downloaded the app after seeing it advertised on a poster at the neurology clinic. All the first aid information I’d read came flooding back to me when Carys had a massive tonic clonic seizure, stopped breathing and turned blue as she fell to the floor. The best thing I ever did was download the app and my beautiful girl proves that.’ Read Julia's full story: iPhone app helps save little Carys's life.