helpline 01494 601 400
enquiries 01494 601 300

job FAQs

Q: Will I need a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Certificate)?
A: A Disclosure & Barring Service Certificate is required for some roles at Epilepsy Society. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to working at the Society; please refer to the DBS website for further information. Epilepsy Society covers the cost of DBS certificates, if required for the job role.

Q: Can Epilepsy Society provide employment sponsorship to people who live outside of the EEA/Switzerland?
A: Epilepsy Society does not have a sponsor licence to employ someone from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to work in the UK.

Q: Can I work flexible hours at Epilepsy Society?
A: Epilepsy Society’s family friend policy endeavours to support work/life balance wherever possible, and offers flexible working patterns dependent on the needs of the job role. Each request is reviewed on a case by case basis.

Q: How do I apply for a job/volunteer role at Epilepsy Society?
A: All current vacancies and volunteering opportunities are listed on our jobs page and applications can be made directly from there. Alternatively please ring or email the HR office to request an application form on 01494 601447 or email

Q: Can I work for Epilepsy Society even though I can’t commit to permanent work, or set hours?
A: Epilepsy Society's ‘Bank’ (casual register) covers staff shortages such as vacancies, holidays and sickness. The nature of bank work means there is no mutual obligation on either side to offer or accept shifts/work in any given period. It is a flexible arrangement for both you and us.