making budgeting decisions
This activity is about your ability to make everyday decisions about spending and managing your money.
A - Can make complex budgeting decisions unaided 0
B - Needs prompting or assistance to be able to make complex budgeting decisions 2
C - Needs prompting or assistance to be able to make simple budgeting decisions 4
D - Cannot make any budgeting decisions at all 6
- This activity is only about your ability to make decisions about money, it is not about any physical issues of managing money.
- A 'simple budgeting decision' could be working out the cost of things and 'complex budgeting decisions' could be paying bills.
- This activity will not be a problem for many people with epilepsy most of the time. But if your epilepsy or seizures affect your ability to making decisions about your money in any way, you can explain it here. Include what happens to you, how this affects your ability to do this activity, what help you need to do this activity, and for how long, and how often you need help.
Things to think about
Does anything about your epilepsy (including your seizures, recovery from seizures, medication side effects, or impact of your condition) affect your ability to do any of this activity? You can include any impact on:
- your concentration or memory;
- your mood (for example, anxiety, depression or lack of motivation); or
- any tiredness or confusion that you may have following a seizure.
Remember to include:
- whether you can do this activity reliably (safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and in a reasonable time period);
- whether you need aids, appliances or help from another person to do this activity;
- how often your condition affects your ability to do this activity (the 50% rule); and
- the impact of any other conditions or disabilities that you have on this activity.
You will only get a single score for each category, so make sure that you include as much relevant information as possible. You can continue on a separate sheet of paper if you need to.
Taken from our factsheet PIP - the assessment criteria. Download this factsheet using the link below.