What to expect when you apply for a permanent position at Epilepsy Society:
- A ‘job pack’ giving full details of the vacant position will be provided which will detail any special requirements for the role
- If a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is necessary for the job role, it will be clearly stated in the job pack and advert. If you have not lived in the UK for the past five years we may request that you apply for a Certificate of Good Conduct/ Overseas Police check.
- The HR department will provide a copy of the Society’s DBS Policy and Procedure if requested, or more information can be found on the DBS website
- Your application should clearly explain how you meet the person specification for the job
- After the closing date your application will be reviewed/shortlisted and you will be contacted by the HR department if you are selected for interview
- You may have a preliminary telephone screening interview, prior to a formal interview, or when you attend for interview be required to undertake a written exercise, or complete a presentation, or a personality profile test: your interview invite will detail full requirements of the selection process
- You will be given the opportunity to advise the HR department if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at interview
- If you are successful at interview you will be required to satisfactorily complete various pre-employment checks before being successfully confirmed in post, i.e. documentation to evidence your eligibility to work in the UK, two references (one from your most recent employer); occupational health clearance, DBS clearance if required
- Please note that Epilepsy Society is not a sponsor organisation under the UK Border Agency’s points based Tier system
- Once all pre-employment checks are satisfactorily complete we will agree your start date and you will attend the Society’s Corporate Induction training. All posts are subject to a six month probationary period
- Epilepsy Society offers family friendly working practices and we are able to consider flexible working requests on an individual basis
- As a permanent member of staff you will be entitled to 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time) - please refer to your ‘job pack’ for more details of staff benefits
If you require any other assistance with completing your application please contact the HR department on 01494 601447.
We offer rewarding and inspiring careers where you can make a difference to the lives of people with epilepsy. The majority of our work is at our Chalfont Centre in Buckinghamshire based in the Chilterns.