Calling all adrenaline junkies! Looking for a challenge? Take to the skies for us. No experience necessary; must provide own enthusiasm and bravery.
Date: you choose
Where: UK and Northern Ireland
Fundraising target: £360/£395/£595 depending on which type of jump you choose.
The Essential Guide to Sky Diving
Epilepsy Society's essential guide to sky diving - featuring our fantastic team of fundraisers as they took on the challenge in 2011.
Fees and fundraising
If you raise the minimum sponsorship target, you’ll be able to jump for free. This target covers the fee to jump and includes a donation to us. If you exceed your target, every extra penny will come straight to us. All participants are recommended to take out personal accident insurance.
Choose your jump
There are three jumps to choose from.
Minimum sponsorship target: £395
- Jump from at least 10,000 feet with a freefall down to 5,000 feet – falling through the air at 120mph!
- Your jump and training will be completed in one day.
- You will be safely harnessed to an experienced parachute instructor at all times.
Static line parachute jump
Minimum sponsorship target: £360
- Jump solo from up to 3,000 feet!
- You’ll receive thorough one day training for your jump the following day.
- You’ll be securely attached to a ‘static line’ designed to automatically open your parachute.
Accelerated freefall (AFF)
Minimum sponsorship target: £535
- Freefall ALONE from 10,000 feet!
- receive one full day of training the day before your solo skydive
- Expert classroom and practical sessions
- This is a first level of a professional skydiver’s course
Book your jump
Go to Skyline’s website, select Epilepsy Society from the ‘Full List’ and proceed to the booking form. Before booking you’ll need to choose your jump site from Skyline’s 24 airfields across the country – you’ll automatically be booked at a jump site unless you specify otherwise.
To secure your skydive you’ll need to pay a £70 deposit when you complete the online booking form. You’ll also be given the option to buy personal insurance. Once you’re booked, you can start fundraising.
It was indescribably fantastic, a thrilling adrenaline rush, second to none! I would strongly recommend it – it was brilliant!
a member of Epilepsy Society’s flying squad
Who can jump?
Thank you to all the brave supporters who are skydiving for us in 2015. You have helped raise an amazing amount so far in support of our work.
Once your feet are firmly back on the ground, send us photos of you taking on a challenge of a lifetime – we’d love to see them!