Virgin Money London Marathon
The challenge of 26.2 miles can seem impossible - until you've found your reason to run. Join together with 40,000 runners for this iconic marathon on the closed streets of London
How we will support you
- Dedicated support from our fundraising team
- Epilepsy Society t-shirt and running vest to wear throughout your training and/or on race day
- Full fundraising pack including fundraising guides and materials
- Access to Epilepsy Society’s running hub that includes training guides and timetables
- Cheering support along the route on event day
- Post race reception at London's Central Hall, Westminster
Got your own place already?
How will I cope?
Running a marathon is no mean feat, but whether this is your first or fifteenth marathon we’ll support you all the way to the finish line. It’s important to set yourself realistic expectations, and not be afraid to adjust them throughout your training. With the passion and motivation to make a difference behind every stride, we know you can do it (and we are so excited to see what you can achieve)!
How much do I need to raise?
There is no minimum sponsorship target for own place runners in this event but every penny you raise will help us to continue our work for people with epilepsy. We’ll provide you with bags of ideas, tips and materials to help you with your fundraising and be there at the end of the phone when you want to talk anything through.