what to expect
Applying for a volunteer position at Epilepsy Society
- Your application should clearly explain why and how you will be a successful volunteer at Epilepsy Society
- On receipt of your application it will be reviewed and if selected for interview you will be contacted by Emma Darlington, our Volunteer Officer.
- If you are successful at interview you will be required to satisfactorily complete various pre-registration checks before being offered any volunteer work, i.e. documentation to evidence your eligibility to volunteer in the UK, two references, DBS clearance if required
- Please note that Epilepsy Society is not a sponsor organisation under the UK Border Agency’s points based Tier system
- Once all pre-registration checks are complete we will agree your start date and you will attend Epilepsy Society's Corporate Induction training
Our commitment to volunteers
- Our recruitment process aims to ensure that volunteers are matched to roles that fit their skills and experience.
- All volunteers receive appropriate induction training, plus guidance and support from an experienced mentor.
- We provide insurance cover for people while they are working in a voluntary role.
- We pay out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a result of the voluntary role.
- We inform volunteers about changes and developments within the organisation and involve them where appropriate.
- Volunteers have the option of free online Epilepsy Society membership, including our member magazine.
- Our policies cover issues including confidentiality, complaints, equality and diversity, and no smoking.
To learn about our current volunteering opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Officer, Emma Darlington, on 01494 601 313 or email email@example.com.